As former prosecutors my partners and I can tell you how aggressively the government prosecutes child pornography cases. There are several different definitions of child pornography, one of the forms is called pandering obscenity. It is defined legally, as:
No person, with knowledge of the character of the material or performance involved, shall do any of the following:
(1) Create, reproduce, or publish any obscene material, when the offender knows that the material is to be used for commercial exploitation or will be publicly disseminated or displayed, or when the offender is reckless in that regard;
(2) Promote or advertise for sale, delivery, or dissemination; sell, deliver, publicly disseminate, publicly display, exhibit, present, rent, or provide; or offer or agree to sell, deliver, publicly disseminate, publicly display, exhibit, present, rent, or provide, any obscene material;
(3) Create, direct, or produce an obscene performance, when the offender knows that it is to be used for commercial exploitation or will be publicly presented, or when the offender is reckless in that regard;
(4) Advertise or promote an obscene performance for presentation, or present or participate in presenting an obscene performance, when the performance is presented publicly, or when admission is charged;
(5) Buy, procure, possess, or control any obscene material with purpose to violate division (A)(2) or (4) of this section.
There are several other variations of child pornography charges that can be brought against an individual that are more, or less, serious than straight pandering obscenity. The use of material involving young children can also be charged under a crime called pandering obscenity involving a minor. If you, or a loved one, have been charged with this type of crime you need to hire an attorney immediately. These sex crimes carry prison and sex offender registration!
If you would like to know how we can help protect you from these types of crimes call us at (330) 752-6711. Ask to speak to me, Joseph Patituce, a Criminal Lawyer in Akron, who if I agree to take on your case promises to treat you with the respect and dignity that you deserve. The call is completely confidential.